cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

See active call on monitored line?

Marcus Olson
Level 1
Level 1

I have a user who recently switched from an older Cisco CM 4.x solution to multiple UC560's, one at each site.  They're very happy with the solution, especially its integration into Exchange 2010.  The only issue (and its a big one to them) is that with their old solution they had the phones show who their Partner (the Admins that is) was on the phone with.  The actual line appearance on the phone would change from say.

Dana Johnson - 2155

to

5553849202 - Dana Johnson - 2155 

or something similar like 5553849202 - 2155

The 5553849202 being the individual that Dana Johnson is on the phone with.

I've purchased the Advanced SCC Clients, Server and even the Operator Consoles.  None of these can apparently monitor that.. I'm at a loss here..

Any suggestions?

3 Replies 3

Marcus Olson
Level 1
Level 1

It should be noted that it does not have to modify the line apperance.. although I loved that feature.. I just need some way of allowing Admins to see this info be it via software, ephone/ephone-dn configuration, or what not..          

Just recieved word from the Admins that the software does actually work for all incoming or transfered calls but that it does NOT work for Outgoing calls.  So if the partner originated the call, then they can't see who he/she's on the phone with, only if it was inbound.

Looks like they (the admins) found a way to see outbound calls now as well in the Operator Console.  This is what one of the admins sent me.

"It was in a different tab in call manager called “telephone status”. We had it selected to be on call queues. It now shows us who they are on the call with and how long! Yay!"

I'm not very experienced with the operator console yet but I do recall there being a Que/Call window on the right, that must be what she's referring to.