Views
Helpful
Replies

Shared Call Appearance / Shared Line Appearance (SCA / SLA) - SPA504G

iaingray741
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have two SPA504G phones which i'd like to configure so that they both have access to the same two DIDs.  I have been trying to achieve this using Shared Call Appearance.

I can configure the phones without Shared Call Appearance so they both have outbound access to both DIDs, but when making an inbound call only one rings.

I then configure Shared Call Appearance (as per the SPA504G admin guide) but as soon as the I submit the changes, the phone boots up with a flashing red softkey for the shared line (a cycle of 2 red flashes).

The line reports as registered but when I try to make a call out from it, it just defaults to the other private line.  If i make an inbound call the line is busy

Anyone have an idea of what's going wrong here?  Is there any config required on the SIP profile to allow Shared Call Appearance?  Or should it purely be set up on the phone?

Thanks

Iain

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

SPAs are supported in the SMB community, you might want to move this over there.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Done!  Thanks

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You mentioned not so much details. Is a SIP PBX here ? Which one ? Is here a Call controller ? Which one (model, firmware version).