Helpful
Replies

Shared Lines With Dial By Name Directory

dharig
Level 1
Level 1

So!

1)

User has a shared line on two devices and a personal voicemail box.  When a caller trying to find that user in the Dial By Name directory enters the last name the system responds  "more than one listing was found" and begins to phonetically spell out the first name and last name  eg  "for D A N  "  press 1  and then it announces the recorded name of the user’s personal mailbox for the second listing.  

Because the first listing (the phonetic one) is presented to the caller first they always select that listing and instead of ringing the phone it ships the caller back to the main AA.  Weird.  If you do wait for the recorded name version it does rout to both phones as it should

2)

At least twice a week for since I had this cisco system some customer or vendor told me,  you dial by name directory is messed up.  it won’t let me enter the first name first.   I have always dismissed it, until just recently I did my own recon and everyone is right.  I called 6 companies at random and used their dial by name directory and they all use first name first?   Can Cisco do that?

0 Replies 0