cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Small Business Office Manager Freezes

js
Level 1
Level 1

I have a UC520 - and use the Small Business Office manager to update my Local Speed Dial, but now when I start the program - it get's to 50% and sits there for quite a while - then eventuall gives "Error Reading Phone Settings".

Any suggestions?

thanks

3 Replies 3

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

Jeff,

Office Manager is very sensitive to CLI changes to the config.  This is why it is only offically supported on CCA only configurations.  If OM was working before, and now is not working.  What CLI changes have been made?  From the error you are receiving, I would start by looking at the ephones and ephone-dns in the config.

Thank you,

Darren

Thanks for the info!

Ya the whole UC520 was replaced - I would assume that would qualify for some CLI changes ha ha.  Can you point me to something on setting up OM?

jeff

Jeff,

Setting up OM is just a matter of installing the software..  OM will then pull the config from the UC500.  Your original issue is caused by OM not recognizing something in the configuration.  What it does not recognize is hard to say, but like I stated, I would look at the ephones and ephone-dns to see if there is anything that does not look standard for CCA deployments..

Standard ephones and DNs :

ephone-dn  20  dual-line

number 201 no-reg primary

label 201

description Cisco Phone

name Cisco Phone

call-forward busy 399

call-forward noan 399 timeout 20

ephone  5
device-security-mode none
mac-address xxxx.xxxx.xxxx

ephone-template 16