Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA 112 DNS SRV

mweiss
Level 1
Level 1

SPA 112

With no other changes to either call manager or the SPA device, if I enter one call manager's IP address as the proxy and set the spa to NOT use DNS SRV, everything works perfectly.  If I enter a domain as proxy and tell the spa to USE DNS SRV then the lines register and can take incoming calls, but cannot place outbound calls.  Call Manager plays the recording like it might if your line did have a CSS that could place that call.

Again, with no other changes in call manager or the SPA, just changing the SPA from ip address as proxy to domain with DNS SRV as proxy breaks outbound calling ability.

Anyone know why?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mweiss
Level 1
Level 1

Resolved this issue.  In Call Manager CUCM under enterprise parameters there is a section called Clusterwide Domain Configuration.  Put the parent domain in the 'organization top level domain' field like "domain.com" and in the 'cluster fully qualified domain name' field put all the domains in which you are using DNS SRV records, delimited by a space like "domain.com *.domain.com" where an asterix is wildcard and in my example it allows all subdomains of the parent as valid.

This makes the SPA device register the line, receive incoming calls, and be able to make outbound calls.

Debug on the SPA was showing Warning: 399 CUCMSERVERNAME "Invalid host or domain in request URI" in the SIP traffic that occurred when outbound calls failed, which lead to research that discovered this solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

mweiss
Level 1
Level 1

Resolved this issue.  In Call Manager CUCM under enterprise parameters there is a section called Clusterwide Domain Configuration.  Put the parent domain in the 'organization top level domain' field like "domain.com" and in the 'cluster fully qualified domain name' field put all the domains in which you are using DNS SRV records, delimited by a space like "domain.com *.domain.com" where an asterix is wildcard and in my example it allows all subdomains of the parent as valid.

This makes the SPA device register the line, receive incoming calls, and be able to make outbound calls.

Debug on the SPA was showing Warning: 399 CUCMSERVERNAME "Invalid host or domain in request URI" in the SIP traffic that occurred when outbound calls failed, which lead to research that discovered this solution.