cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA 122 - firmware 1.4.1 - management connectivity

bruce
Level 1
Level 1

I have a brand new SPA122 and configured it to connect to my VoIP switch; all that works fine.  The issue is with management connectivity via the browser.

After it pulls its VoIP configuration, it reboots (as expected) and when it comes back online, I no longer get an IP address from the LAN side of the ATA; my laptop shows as the same address as the WAN side????

Further, if I configure it before rebooting to be able to be managed from the WAN side, it still registers but I cannot get connect via a browser using the IP address that it gets from my DHCP server.  Again, it registers, but no management connectivity from either the WAN or LAN side.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Your description is somewhat vague.

It seems you configured SPA122 to be bridge instead of router.

I have little experience with SPA122 at all and no experience with bridge mode of operation.

As far as I know, SPA122 in bridge mode is like a standalone ATA with no built-in NAT-Router, Firewall, DHCP server, or QoS functionality but with extra Ethernet port bridget. There's nothing like LAN and WAN side in brodge mode - both ports are LAN side. The current IP address should be discoverable by 110# code of IVR.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Your description is somewhat vague.

It seems you configured SPA122 to be bridge instead of router.

I have little experience with SPA122 at all and no experience with bridge mode of operation.

As far as I know, SPA122 in bridge mode is like a standalone ATA with no built-in NAT-Router, Firewall, DHCP server, or QoS functionality but with extra Ethernet port bridget. There's nothing like LAN and WAN side in brodge mode - both ports are LAN side. The current IP address should be discoverable by 110# code of IVR.

bruce
Level 1
Level 1

Dan-

I have several of these ATAs and this is new behavior.  Upon further inspection, the template in my softswitch has a line:

<Router_Mode>{$cisco_router_mode}</Router_Mode>

However, I don't see where $cisco_router_mode is defined, so the value is defaulting to 0, which is bridge mode.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Thanks for marking answer as correct.  Glad to hear you solved it.