Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA 500S Orange lights

I have a SPA 500s deployed on a 508G in a customer environment.

I am using a BLF configuration detailed below:

fnc=sd+blf;sub=ext@$PROXY;usr=DID@$PROXY

ext= extension

$proxy = address to our softswitch

DID = Direct Inward Dial number

The buttons all work, but a quarter of them are displayed orange instead of green. This is a random issue considering the code is duplicated respectively per user in 27 fields.

Does anyone know why these orange lights occur and how I may be able to fix them?

2 Replies 2

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

It sounds like the SIP Notify aren't coming into the phone from the proxy to update the line status.  To help in resolving this, please contact the support center. 

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html 

They can help you with the debug log so you can see the SIP messages.

There is a field in the Metaswitch Subscriber Management section, Line State Monitoring, this can be found on every line porgrammed in the Business Group, located in the services tab.

This is defaulted to 10 monitored lines, the 500S has 32 buttons. If you set the Line State Monitoring to 32 in the Metaswitch, all the buttons on the side car will go into an active BLF mode and will turn green and function properly.

Took me awhile to answer my own questions, doesn't seem like there is a  lot of Metaswitch users on this forum, so if anyone has any questions  feel free to send them my way so I can assist in sharing Metaswitch/Cisco SPA knowledge!