cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA 504G phone requiring a password to view Missed Calls

Tim Wirtz
Level 1
Level 1

I have a user using a SPA 504g phone.  When she presses the soft key for the Missed Calls shortcut, the phone is asking for a password.  No other users are having this issue.  Is there a way to disable the password for that feature?

8 Replies 8

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Of course. It's configuration issue. Just configure this phone the same way as the others are configured. E.g. don't set the user password at all on the phone.

I have some similar issue.

The redial option on the phone, requires password. 

We assigned a password to the user's configuration of the spa504g. 

Can you tell me about to solve this problem?

Thanks and best regards.

Well, if you wish not to protect user access, then don't set user password. If you configure the protection, user must enter password to be eligible to use phone. It's what the user password exists for.

So remove user password and redial will be free again.

This is great, but if you dont have a user password set, hackers set call forwarding and add international numbers, we keep getting this problem. So have to set user password and the users hate it as cant redial or check missed calls as wants password entered. We dont forward any ports internally from outside. The phones use voip cloud accounts, so are NAT to public ips.and can be the only way in I guess.

Any thoughts?

Just note - if hacker can set call forwarding to international number, then he probably can dial international number directly. PBX should block rogue calls (either dialed directly or caused by forwarding or caused by whatever else) and/or warn administrator if phone bill exceeds a value. 

I solved this no thanks to Cisco who never help.  If you upgrade to the latest firmware on the handset, it offers a user access password now so you cant access webbased options without a password, stops all the issues, and leaves the phone so user can change settings. Great fix, should have been there from the start or at least Cisco making people aware its been fixed.

I am having this same problem with a SPA508G, the handset was used previously by another department by a personal who is no longer with the company. It was working fine without requiring a password, then I moved to a new office and the phone was moved with me. Now it is requiring a password to access even the call logs. I tried factory reset but it is asking for an Admin password, which no one in the company has. Is there a way to by pass this and clear out the passwords on the phone itself?

I tried factory reset but it is asking for an Admin password, which no one in the company has

Phone can be configured not to allow unauthorized changes in configuration. It includes even reset to factory default. Authorized person knows admin password. Also the company shall have copy of such password stored somewhere (because car crash may happen and knowledge holder may die). If you definitely know no admin password, you are just out of luck. Save the phone as spare part source and buy another one. Remember the lesson and handle admin passwords appropriately. By the way, casual end user like "an department member" should not know admin password at all. Admin password is for administrator, not the user. The designated IT administrator should know it only (and copy needs to be stored somewhere).