Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA 922 and DHCP Vendor class

luca
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm configuring several Linksys VOIP (SPA922 and PAP2t). I use the provisioning feature to allow downloading the configuration from a central TFTP server.

Currently, I added DHCP option 66 to pass TFTP server to phones. Since phones share the same IP subnet as client computer (no VLAN capable switches), the option 66 is also passed to all other devices within the network.

This is not a big issue, but I would like to pass the TFTP option only to phones.

I've tried to add the DHCP VENDOR CLASS, but I don't know which "suboption" shouold I pass to phones. I've obviusly tried to pass "suboption 66" but nothing happened. Note that I'm using a Windows DHCP Server so I cannot filter options based on vendor classes (oprobably it's possible on linux DHCP Servers).

Is there any documentation about which sub options can I pass using DHCP VENDOR CLASS to Linksys devices? SPA provisioning guide wasn't helpful.

Thanks in advance

1 Reply 1

tammercisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Luca,

Is this problem solved? I have the same issue with SPA500 series phones. DHCP option 43, set VLAN ID (and other options) via DHCP.

Thanx,

tc