cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA Phones SIP URI fails if the user part contains a . (DOT)

ADAM CRISP
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I would like to configure a button to support BLF, CP and SP, the user being monitored is a URI

For example, a button like this:

fnc=blf+cp+sd;sub=adam.crisp@$PROXY;usr=adam.crisp@$PROXY;ext=adam.crisp@$PROXY;nme=Adam

BLF and CP works fine, however I am having problems with SD. SD Fails with a "Network Error" message displayed on the phone and nothing appears on the wire which makes me believe it may be related to the dial-plan.

I have discovered that SD works perfectly so long as the URI does not contain a . (DOT)

example:

fnc=sd;ext=adam+crisp@$PROXY; results in a call being placed to adam+crisp@{my server} - in this case sip:adam+crisp@voip.co.uk

where as:

fnc=sd;ext=adam.crisp@$PROXY; results with the Network error message and nothing on the wire. - should send call to adam.crisp@voip.co.uk

I have tried *a lot* of different ideas to tweak the dial-plan including attempts to escape the "." in the dialplan

(*xx|[3469]11|0|00|[2-9]xxxxxx|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0| [#*x][*x][*x].| [+-z][+-z]. |xxxxxxxxxxxx.|.)

Is there a way to fix the dial-plan - or is this a code fixup - if a code fixup - is there support still available?

Thanks

Adam

3 Replies 3

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Well, those devices are designed to handle phone numbers rather than free-text identificators (although they are possible in SIP). You either hit a firmware bug related to fnc=sh handling, or it is dial plan issue, or the issue have other origin. It may affect particular firmware you are using (you didn't disclosed such basic information - nor the device we are speaking of) or it may affect all firmware & devices.

Syslog and debug log may reveal more. If it is firmware issue, call SMB support center.

Tried on 504G and 514G - latest May build.

Accept that these devices have origin in Sipura, but SIP URI's should work.

If fact they do work, as long as they don't have a ..... .

Unfortunately, "should work" and "it work" is not the same term ...

It look like firmware bug - so SMB support center is the only chance for you. Be ready to provide dump of configuration, syslog&debug messages and SIP packets captured.

But don't expect quick solution even if the bug report will be accepted. Cisco support for SMB Voice segment is  rather casual than professional.