cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

spa112 no sound making or receiving calls.

TEAZERJAY1
Level 1
Level 1

I have a spa112 phone adapter and linksys EA4500 router and i am having problems with no audio on phone calls. The person at the other end can hear me but i can't hear them. I am curently using freephoneline.ca. I had it working for two years until it needed to be reprogramed.

Its not the phone handset as i can go to the voicemail and hear perfectly. its only on active calls.

thank in advance for any help .

2 Replies 2

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Audio issues are caused by firewall or misconfigured NAT most of time. So make sure the RTP/audio stream can flow from outside to inside.

Impossible to provide more specific advice as we know no details about your network configuration nor you provided captured SIP session data or syslog&debug from SPA112,

Note that voicemail is not service of SPA112, it's provided by your operator. Call to voicemail is the same standard call to external line like others. Thus make sure the issue is not caused by misconfiguration on other end.

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Note [SPA112] No outgoing sound when calling discussion. Very simmilar issue, but user has provided detailed information for analysis. You should provide simmilar data if you wish for advice.