Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA112 tones/beeps after answering

Brad303
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

My SPA112 is playing 3 sets of two tones or beeps a few seconds after the call is connected. This is happening on outbound and inbound calls. I've never come across this before, and I've provisioned many ATAs.

I don't see anything in the PBX logs that's playing those tones, and I'm not aware of any settings that would cause it to do that.

I also couldn't find any settings in the ATA provisioning manual that would cause this either.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Did you verified the tones are inserted by SPA112 ? They may be part of audio stream (e.g. embedded by someone else on the path). Signal like the one you described is often used to inform call parties the call is recorded. Call recording may be service provided by an operator (on calling end as well as on called end).

Capture a call (both SIP packets as well as RTP stream). Listen RTP stream captured. If the beeps will be recorded, SPA112 is not the source.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: