Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA122 Automatically sets to DND

stephen.irwin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a SPA122 firmware 1.3.2-XU (014) Jul 2 2013. It was working fine for a few weeks but now it seems with switch itself into a do not disturb (DND) mode and all incoming calls go directly to vmail. The web UI show DND setting for Supplementary Service Settings of User1 as NO. The only way I can fix the issus is to set the voice setting to factory default and then reapply. Once it registers it is good for a day and then resets somehow to DND. I do get a different dial-tone when the problem is encountered as it starts irratically and then goes to normal tone. This is an indicator that DND is on.

I think the device is faulty but if you know of a setting I may need to try please let me know.

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

At the first, SPA112 is not SPA IP Phone but SPA ATA device. You should move this thread to appropriate place

(see "Action" menu on upper right)

According your problem - why you think the ATA switched self to DND-On mode ? Nothing in your description seems to be evidence for something like it. Incomming calls going to voice mail doesn't indicate DND - it indicate that call can't be placed to your device. Yes, it may be caused by DNS, but it may be causet by pile of other reasons as well. For example, expired registration or NAT problem. Modified dial tone is probably caused by MWI not DND.

Simply - DND is just hypothesis that's not supported by avaiable informations so much.

My recommendation - turn on debug on your device, catch the log, catch the SIP communication between your device and ISP (especially rejected call needs to be catched). 

I wish it will help you to recognize true source of your problem. Or it will help us to give you more valuable advice.

Debug and syslog Messages from SPA1x2 and SPA232D ATA (Analog Telephone Adapters)

Installing and Using Wireshark for Capturing Network Traffic