cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA122 call waiting Panasonic assign button

macyman59
Level 1
Level 1

I have a situation where call waiting works, second caller shows on my phone (Panasonic KX-TG8061JT) display....however, Panasonic manual indicates to press ECO/R button (corresponds

to flash button) to respond to second call - but it does not work! I called Panasonic and they say

that certain features do not work on VOIP calls. So, which leads me to my question: is there anyway to configure SPA122 adapter allowing it to press a certain button on the Panasonic phone that would enable it to answer call waiting? Thanks

22 Replies 22

Glad to hear it worked. Consider to claim helpful comments helpful. It may helps other to discover solutions.

Is there anyway to reduce this to almost zero wait time?

It depends on "who is causing the delay (and why)". Unfortunately, such question can be answered by reading syslog & debug output captured. If it is caused on local side, you may do something with it (in such case we need to know "why").

ok...can you give me a starting point if it indeed depends locally? What are the parameters that can

be modified to improve (i.e. Dial Plan, Sip Time Values..???)

Thanks

Don't touch SIP timers, unless you are skilled voice expert.

Lag can be caused by Dial Plan or it may be networking issue (slow DNS server, missing or improper DNS records).

Hey Man....dial plan definitely helped a lot. I went from 8-10 seconds to 3-4 seconds.....wish I could reduce it even more.

Thanks again !!!

Glad to hear.

The goal is to start call setup immediately for most numbers. It's easy for closed dialing plans, it's not as easy for open dialing plans. Unfortunately, I know nothing about dialing plan you considered to use (or pushed to use because of national dialing plan). What country we are speaking of ?

By the way, consider to delete this your's comment. The document in question is not good place to discuss it.

this would be calling from Italy. Does that help?

Not sure how to delete comment you would like me to remove

this would be calling from Italy. Does that help?

Italy's national dial plan is open, most of prefixes have variable length (6-10 digits). You can start dialing immediately if you have 10 digits collected, but for shorter number you need to wait for a while (use may or may not dial next digit - and need to have reasonable time to dial it).

Not sure how to delete comment you would like me to remove

1.jpg

ok...so  really can't do anything to speed up connect time in Italy.

I do not have the options you advised to delete a message.

this is what I have --->