cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA2102 Message Waiting Indicator always on

jerzyjerzy
Level 1
Level 1

When I activate message waiting indicator (Voice - User 1 - Supplementary Service Settings - Message Waiting: Yes)

my telephone indicator light flashes continually whehter there is a message or not.

Am I missing something? Is there another setting point?  This has been a problem from the start. 

there was another posting exactly like this back in 2009 but it was never answered/resolved.

Help !!

3 Replies 3

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

That parameter is default to No.  That parameter should only be toggled by the service, where the service sends a SIP Notify to toggle that parameter to Yes or No.

Yes means light on and no means light off.

As long as the Line 1 has MWI Serv - yes and vmwi Serv - yes, you will have the message waiting service available.

Thank you.

I have sent a message off to my service provider, iTalkBB, to request this.  Hopefully this will work.

I have exactly the same problem.  But when I desactivate message waiting indicator (Voice - User 1 - Supplementary Service Settings - Message Waiting: NO), I have no message waiting indicator (no light on an no tone) when I have a new voice mail message.

The Line 1 has MWI Serv - yes and vmwi Serv has yes too.

When I activate message waiting indicator (Voice - User 1 - Supplementary Service Settings - Message Waiting: YES), the lignt and tone are Always on whehter there is a message or not.

SPA2102, Software Version 5.2.13 (004) Hardware Version 1.3.5(a).

Thank You