cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA232D cannot login after factory reset?

sag060001
Level 1
Level 1

I have a brand new SPA232D.

I cannot seem to log into the GUI.  using the IP 192.168.15.1, and username admin and password admin, its says invalid username and password?

I have reset the box by pressing the reset button >10s. the box powers off, then on again but the problem persists?

Any help?

3 Replies 3

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Particular SPA232D may be customized for a OEM/VoIP operator. I such case the default password (even after reset to factory default) is not the admin/admin but the custom one. Ask seller for the credentials. If you will be unable to login even with disclosed credentials, consider the device faulty and return it to the seller.

Hi,

This is a retail unit so i don't think it would have anything special.  I have tried logging in with various browsers and operating systems.  It seems when i type "admin" into the password field, it populates that field with other characters when i press login??

Well, there's no magic advice.

1. Reset to factory default
    1. Unit needs to be fully booted before you start reset to factory default procedure or the reset to factory default may not occur.
    2. Reset button needs to be pushed for more than 10s. If you release it prematurely, the unit will commit casual reset, not the reset to factory default. Reset to factory default will not occur also if reset button has been administratively disabled (e.g. the unit is not as brand new as you wish).
  2. You need to be connected to the yellow (LAN) port, not the blue (WAN) one.
  3. Factory default retail unit default name&password is admin&admin. If it doesn't work (despite you are connected to proper port), the unit is
    1. broken
    2. not retail
    3. not in factory default configuration