Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA303 Forward all calls on Ext 2

VTTech
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a SPA303 with 2 different SIP accounts setup, one on Ext 1 and one on Ext 2. I want to forward all calls coming in on Ext 2 to another number, but not calls on Ext 1.

I have tried using menu and *72 but only Ext 1 gets forwarded. Any suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Unfortunately, SPA* is "user oriented", not "line oriented" device. I mean user may wish the call become forwarded, but all or none only.

There's no way to configure the feature you like on SPA303.

But I assume the upstream PBX for Ext2 provide forwarding service as well - thus turn on forwarding at PBX level. Read PBX documentation to learn how to do it (most if time it requre a specific number/code will be dialed by end user).

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Unfortunately, SPA* is "user oriented", not "line oriented" device. I mean user may wish the call become forwarded, but all or none only.

There's no way to configure the feature you like on SPA303.

But I assume the upstream PBX for Ext2 provide forwarding service as well - thus turn on forwarding at PBX level. Read PBX documentation to learn how to do it (most if time it requre a specific number/code will be dialed by end user).

Thank you Dan. Problem I have with the SPA phone is when using the phone's call forwarding feature, it only forwards the first extension. If it was all I would be happy with that.

I will look into the PBX code. Thanks.

The behavior you described is the behavior some users call for, but it's not possible on current SPA[35]xx.

So my next question is imminent. Are you sure the second extension calls are not forwarded ? Please make sure you distinguish following two scenarios:

• there's no attempt to forward call
  • attempt to forward has been rejected by upstream PBX

You should catch SIP packets for a call and analyze them (or disclose it here, we will analyze) to identify true cause.