Views
Helpful
Replies

spa3102 & CID

kabelnet2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have configured my SPA3102 to handle CID on PSTN line. In our country the standard is ETSI FSK + V23. Everything is working fine - during a few calls or on first day. After that the 'Private caller' string is displayed on the phone, no caller id displayed on WEB information screen. If I switch off and on the device (SPA3102), the CID is displayed again during a few calls.

I use the latest firmware (5.1.10).

I hope, someone can help me.

Regards, kabelnet (Tamás Borlay)

96 Replies 96

Dear SPA3102 (and all Linksys & Cisco ATA) Customers:

We just wanted to pass along there is a mainenance release in the works for the SPA3102 which will address this and other issues outstanding on ATA products.  We do not have a release date just yet, but please check back here for future communication on this topic.

Regardless of the branding you see on the ATA's, the Cisco Small Business Technology Group are fully committed to our customer base of service providers, resellers and end-users.  Please know that we are standing behind these products with support from our warranty / service plan or fee-based Small Business Support Center, our partner portal and this Cisco Community Central site (as wll as other non-Cisco community forums).

Via this community forum or direct (e-mail / phone), please feel free to contact myself, Alberto Montilla or Patrick Born if you have any questions or comments.

Thank you for your business.

Sherman

Sherman Scholten

Director, Product Management

Cisco Systems, Inc.

Small Business Technology Group

Voice Endpoints

o :: +1 408.853.7682

e :: sscholte (at) cisco (dot) com

w :: http://www.cisco.com/cisco/web/solutions/small_business/products/voice_conferencing/index.html

Sir,

As another forum member noted, this reported bug has reached it's 1st year anniversary.

Despite your reply regarding the support for Linksys products, I have come to the conclusion that (on the whole) the support for former Linksys devices is "not up to par".

Be it either small business products (like the SPA) or consumer products (like the wrt610n), support is either lagging (SPA) or non-existend (wrt610n).

I wonder if Cisco realizes that the customer buying these products is often also an IT professional, and in that role part of the team responsible for selecting replacement products and upgrades for his/her employer's infra-structure.

Needless to say, being dissapointed in a brandname doesn't just stop when leaving for the workplace at 7 AM

In my opinion, Cisco has to make a choice: either start taking support for these products serious or declare them end of life and move on.

I've been using Cisco products for many years, privately and in the workplace and have been promoting the brand ever since the company was still in it's infancy during the late 80's. Recent experiences have subsided my enthusiasm quite a bit.

Regards,

Alex

Alex,

You are right, but I think, YOU have to decide next time: to buy Linksys product or an other.

The SPA is more complicated: it was developed by Sipura, bought by Linksys, bought by Cisco. One year ago there were answers and questions about the problems, at the end of last year there were (of course: not official) promises. But now - nothing.

In case WRT you can try firmware from other sources (OpenWrt, DD Wrt)

Regards, Tamás

Tamás,

That is just my point. I already decided to shy away from Linksys products for private use, and will definetly invite vendors like Juniper when the next infra-structure upgrade takes place in my company. It is just very disappointing that I have to reach that decision.

As for alternative firmware: I wanted to use the WRT in a additional role as a DLNA server, but it seems too buggy for that, and Cisco doesn't answer any support requests....(literally, no answer to any customer besides sending a copy of the manual)

Since I only use the unit as a WiFi access point (I use a PIX 515e in combination with a 3550 as a backbone at home, so I really don't need the WRT's firewall/routing functionality) I'll just chuck it and use one of my Zyxel units.

Sad....

Alex.

hi,

some of the latest updates on my end r, the isp in my region has started removing analogue telephone lines and ADSL lines and upgrading to GPON FTTH, so called fibre optic, now what they did is they installed the fibre and the device which they installed look likes this, link below

http://www.zhone.com/products/ZNID-GPON-2520/

now this device gives out the caller id in ETSI FSK which the spa3102 can decode easily everytime so thats the good news, caller id detection started to work but the issue that popped up was of spa3102 not being able to recognise DTMF properly when calling PSTN to VoIP, some digits gets registered and most get dropped as one reason to this is that due to network upgrade, old analogue lines calling to my landline on fibre then the DTMF they send seem to sound much shorter followed by a tick or a disturbance which causes the spa3102 to not pick up all DTMF tones, i read many forums and tried playing with the following settings but still it doesnt pick up DTMF properly. the DTMF received on the FXO is sent by caller to dial a number which the spa would then send to my server, but it doesnt pick it up properly so calls r wrongly dialed.

any help would be appreciated to fix this issues asap.

things that need to be configured properly or so r i guess the below stuff

DTMF Playback Level: tried to set this from -16 to -6 all values tried but no luck

DTMF Playback Length: tried to set this from .1 to .4 all values tried but still no luck

is there any more clarification behind the above 2 values and how actually do they work and how to make the spa extra sensitive such that it can pick up DTMF properly?

Regards,

Bipin

Hi, I just upgraded to FTTH technology and recieved this device, I wanto to forward some ports for my personal server but I dont have the default password for this device, do you know it? does anyone know it? can anyone help me?

From User guide:
"If your Internet Telephony Service Provider (ITSP) did not supply a password, you will not see a login screen. If

your ITSP supplied a password, then you will see a login screen. In the

User Name field, enter user, the default

user name for user access. (This cannot be changed.) Then enter the password supplied by your ITSP."

The issue is that it shows a log screen but my ITSP provider does not provided me with a password, isn't there any default password? even if i reset the modem?

I have no ITSP => no sign on screen (as in the ug).

On the first screen I simple click to admin login and I am in admin mode.

I do get a Authentication required screen, it asks me for user name and password, if anyone knows the dafault password for this modem it would be greatly appreciated, I already pressed the rest button so it should work a default user name and password , they didin't even gave me a manual, they only gave me that quick installation data sheet that appears on the web page of the product

Thanks for your help

sinuxsinux
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm having the same problem ; no cid is detected on the PSTN.

I'm in south africa and as far as i know it's a ETSI FSK with PR (let me know if I'm wrong).

I found information on the web saying that south africa is using 220 + 820 || 115nF but that setting doesnt exist on the Spa3102.

Any idea?

kabelnet2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In next month will be the anniversary of this problem...... :(

Regards,

Hi all,

This post has not been updated since a year ago, so you may have already found something. But just in case is is helpful to someone, I will explain what has worked to me.

I am running firmware 3.3.6 starting from default settings, then I set up the necessary things to make basic calls work. As with most of you, the CID did not work whatever I touched (except in one case which I did see the CID but after repeating the test it disappeared!), neither with firmware 5.1.10

Then I set up the following:

Caller ID Method: ETSI FSK

Caller ID FSK Standard: bell202
PSTN CID For VoIP CID: yes

Ring validation time: 100ms

and it started to work like a charm.

Definitely, the key parameter has been the Ring Validation Time. As someone outlined previously in this post, this might be tied to the internal timeouts when processing an incoming call, or maybe I don't have the right ring cadence and tone configured. Who knows.

Good luck.

Jesus -- Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge and participating in the Community. You are appreciated.

Stephanie Reaves

Cisco Small Business

Hi Jesus Torres.

Thank you very much for this information. 

It took me a lot of time to find your post about the Ring Validation Time, I read a lot of post in many forums (weeks!).   I tried before all sort of combinations for impendance and CID Methods with no success.   After changing the Ring Validation Time from 256 to 100 ms, it started working like a charm!  

So, I confirm that for Mexico using TELMEX carrier it's needed to change the Ring Validation Time on the SPA3102 to get the CID working.

Thanks again for sharing this.