Views
Helpful
Replies

spa3102 & CID

kabelnet2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have configured my SPA3102 to handle CID on PSTN line. In our country the standard is ETSI FSK + V23. Everything is working fine - during a few calls or on first day. After that the 'Private caller' string is displayed on the phone, no caller id displayed on WEB information screen. If I switch off and on the device (SPA3102), the CID is displayed again during a few calls.

I use the latest firmware (5.1.10).

I hope, someone can help me.

Regards, kabelnet (Tamás Borlay)

96 Replies 96

Hi Anthony,

I'm checking with the team and will get back to you with an ETA for a fix.

Regards,

Patrick

----------

Thanks Patrick

That would be great.  Was trolling the net last night and have found a bunch of people on other forums reporting the same issue.  Some said they solved it but weren't specific how.

Looking forward to it.

Anthony

Hi Patric,

I am having a comparable proble, please keep me posted of the availability of a fix.

I am living in Ontario, Canada, and my service provider is Bell. The symptoms I have are the following

1- PSTN call received

2- Phone rings, CID is displayed

3- If the phone is not answered after the 2nd ring (Same call), the CID switches to "Private Name, Private Number"

I am running firmware version "5.1.10(GW)" on my SPA-3102 with H/W version "1.4.5(a)".

Other phones in the house work just fine. The SPA does not have a record of the "Last PSTN Caller"

Regards,

Marwan

Just to let you know that I am still making contact with the development team in order to get an ETA on a fix.

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

Hi Patrick,

Any update on when we can expect a fix?

Thanks,

Peter J

Hi Peter,

Apologies for the delayed response. I'm checking with product management and will report back shortly.

Regards,

Patrick

----------

Community update:

Product management reports that, "Our Engineering Team has identified and logged this issue into our tracking system and will schedule the necessary development and testing time to resolve and post a maintenance release for the SPA3102 firmware as soon as possible."

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

Thanks Patrick.

Is there a TAC case number or bug id we can track?

Also, for my issue, the problems got so bad that all incomming calls stopped, not just the CLID. I logged a fault with my telco and they found a fault with the wiring (a joint was badly corroded). Once that was fixed, calls and CLID to the ATA are working as they should.

Cheers,

PDJ

Hi Peter & Community,

Per product management, I've assigned both this CID and the CID issue defined at https://www.myciscocommunity.com/message/13740#13740to CDETS# CSCtb67946

Engineering will now schedule a fix for this.

Next steps [very loosely described by me]:

1. Engineering management assigns task to Engineer

2. After analysis, a schedule is defined

3. Test code is produced

4. Code is tested by customer/s to verify fix

5. Code is tested, including regression testing

6. Schedule for general availability is defined

Regards,

Patrick

----------

Hi Patrick,

Do you have plan.

But what about the implementation?

(Please remember: 29/05/2009: "Cisco team have been able to replicate the issue in our labs", 13/07/2009: "will get back to you with an ETA for a fix", 31/08/2009: "the plan", and no any result until today)

Regards, Tamás

Hi Tamás,

Thanks for checking. I've have accessed the CDETS and have added a note to notify Engineering that a status has been requested.

Regards,

Patrick

----------

Patrick,

Two weeks have gone again.

Tamás

marwan-an wrote:

Hi Patric,

I am having a comparable proble, please keep me posted of the availability of a fix.

I am living in Ontario, Canada, and my service provider is Bell. The symptoms I have are the following

1- PSTN call received

2- Phone rings, CID is displayed

3- If the phone is not answered after the 2nd ring (Same call), the CID switches to "Private Name, Private Number"

I am running firmware version "5.1.10(GW)" on my SPA-3102 with H/W version "1.4.5(a)".

Other phones in the house work just fine. The SPA does not have a record of the "Last PSTN Caller"

Regards,

Marwan

I have this very same problem with very same hardware and very same firmware.

Any solution to this? Any ETA for a fixed firmware?

Thanks

Hi Community,

I've contacted the product manager and requested a status on a fix.

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

two months... any news? a beta version we can try? something?