Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA3102 SIP Phone dialing through to pstn no register

Good Day all,

I am at wits end and have seamed to have read many tutorials and had downloaded and read the 186 page ATA Admin manual and can not seam to determine what i must be missing.

I want a phone to be able to dial out 9375551212@192.168.0.1:5060

I do not need any incoming calls to the PSTN to be answered.

I will not have anything connected to the FXS Port.

Very simple setup Ethernet is connected to switch at 192.168.0.1, phones (hard and soft) will be at 192.168.0.2, 192.168.0.3

whenever they send a call sip:9375551212@192.168.0.1:5060 I need it to go to the pstn line and send those numbers out the fxo port and bridge the call to the SIP Phones.

I need the phones to be able to dialout without registering.  This is for backup purposes only in the case where they loose access to the main pbx that they connect to.

I have tried to set all instances of (dial & answer without registration), and am confused at this point which tab to be focusing on Line 1, PSTN Line, User 1, PSTN USER.  I think that the problem is in a dialplan somewhere.

Thanks in advanced for helping me get my brain around this SPA3102, we used to use the SPA400 which is now no longer.

Ronald

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ronald Hartmann

If you have your switch attached to the Ethernet port of the SPA3102 you may want to change that and attach it to the Internet (WAN) port.  To do this you may need to setup static ip addresses for your adapters if you have no DHCP router involved.  I would setup a different local network from 192.168.0.1 because that is the default for the SPA3102's local network.  The last time I did troubleshooting of ip calls switching via the SPA3102 Ethernet port where the voip-to-pstn gateway was involved the sip signalling did not work correctly.  Most all use of the SPA3102 phone communication is via the Internet (WAN) port.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

For phones (assuming it's SPA phones) to dial userID@ipaddress:port, make sure to

1.  Enable IP dialing - yes (in dial plan)

2.  Make call without Reg - yes (in Proxy and Registration)

3.  Put the userID@ipaddress:port in the speed dial of the phone, so if it's in speed dial 2, just dial 2# on the phone and it will dial that userID@ipaddress:port

Thanks for the response, however I am looking to do unauthenticated VOIP Calls to the SPA3102 where i will send the SPA3102 the following

5551212@192.168.0.1:5060   where 5551212 is the number i want to dial, 192.168.0.1 is the IP of the SPA, and 5060 is the port I wish to use.

I would like this SIP Invite to be picked up by the SPA and bridge the call to the FXO Port and go off hook and dial 5551212

I have the system set for stage 1 dialing

Answer and MAke CAlls without registration

The Info tab show that the call request is coming in and it says "Answering" but i never get it to actually bridge the call to the FXO and go off hook and dial the number.

~ron

I've attached two docs that may help with what you are trying to do.

BAM!!!!!

Moved cable from Ethernet to WAN (moving the ip of the WAN to be an ip on my internal network) notusing the LAN port now.

Everything works like a champ!

thanks for the heads up

Ronald Hartmann

If you have your switch attached to the Ethernet port of the SPA3102 you may want to change that and attach it to the Internet (WAN) port.  To do this you may need to setup static ip addresses for your adapters if you have no DHCP router involved.  I would setup a different local network from 192.168.0.1 because that is the default for the SPA3102's local network.  The last time I did troubleshooting of ip calls switching via the SPA3102 Ethernet port where the voip-to-pstn gateway was involved the sip signalling did not work correctly.  Most all use of the SPA3102 phone communication is via the Internet (WAN) port.

nesto,

do i need to have vpn site to site in order to implement the spa backtoback as per the PDF? which IP address to use? public IPs right?

No need for vpn.  Make sure to use the WAN ip address.

do i need to forward to port 5060?