cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA3102: Subscriber Info vs Gateway Accounts/VoIP Users

Steve Brown
Level 1
Level 1

Line1 and PSTN Line both have Subscriber Info which both happily register to SIP UAS as expected... so what are Gateway Accounts[1-4] (Line1 config) and VoIP User[1-8] used for?

Gateway Accounts make some sense as part of Dialplan: Dialplan points to various gw(x) and the Gateway Accounts are used to indicate where those DP matches should be sent. If that's true then I still don't understand difference between Sub Info and Gateway Accounts... are they asymmetrical to each other? Sub Info registers reachability to SIP UAS for inbound calls only? and Gateway Account pass outbound calls to SIP UAS?

Then I have no idea what VoIP Users would be used for... been through the admin guide many times hoping it's simple misunderstanding on my part

1 Reply 1

Andrey Cassemiro
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Steve,

You are right in the part of Gateway Accounts, a easy way to explain is that is used to allow the SPA3102 to use more than one SIP proxy for the outgoing calls, accordling with your rules.

The VoIP Users is used to allow other ATAs to call through the SPA3102 (From SIP to PSTN), if you have for example 3 more ATAs and don't have a SIP proxy you can authorize them in the VoIP Users session.

The subscriber Info is the default authentication method in to the ITSP or IPBX.

Regards.

Andrey Cassemiro.