cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA504G SRTP not working after frimware upgrade?

Wilson1597
Level 1
Level 1

I have two SPA504G phones.

Since the firmware was upgraded from spa50x-30x-7-6-2e to spa50x-30x-7-6-2g, the devices have not been able to register / unable to connect.  I suspect it is because the phones are setup for mandatory call encryption and the server will not accept unsecured connections.

Downgrading the firmware fixes the issue.  I've even tried factory resetting the phones with the new firmware and manually inputting the configuration information, but no success.  SRTP only works with spa50x-30x-7-6-2e (not even the firmware 'f' version works).

Has anybody else experienced this problem and what is the solution to getting the new firmware spa50x-30x-7-6-2g working with SRTP?  Or is it just our company's service provider that is creating the problem, possibly they won't accept the new firmware's security certificate?

Thanks,

Wilson.

1 Reply 1

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

We are not using SRTP, so no personal experience. Despite of it, no one seems to respond here, so I will try.

Firmware changes no certificate. It may change set of algorithm supported. Capture log from phone - it may help you (or us) to analyze the issue. Also, capture network communication between the phone and provider - cryptographic handshake (on start of connection) may disclose the issue cause as well.

Debug and syslog Messages from the SPA3xx, SPA5xxG, SPA9xx, & WIP310 IP Phones