Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA509G Keep rebooting after resync

watint
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I just noticed recently that my phone kept rebooting after resync. In the config, i set the resync period for 86400 sec or 24 hours so i didn't pay attention to this issue until i came to my desk and found that my phone was rebooted. Then i change the resync period to 120 sec to experiment and i found that every time, the phone was rebooted immediately after resync happened. It is hard to check what paramter in the config that tricks the phone to reboot but luckily, i found that. It is the below parameter which is for Solicited Voicemail Updates

<Message_Waiting_1_ ua="na">No</Message_Waiting_1_>

<Voice_Mail_Server_1_ ua="na">602540000@voipphonexxx.net</Voice_Mail_Server_1_>

Whenever i set it to "Yes", the phone will reboot after resync. After i set to "No", the phone will not reboot at all but phone will not send a subscribe msg to VM server after it is powered up.

Have anyone had this issue before?

BTW: This issue happens on both 7.4.6 and 7.4.7

Thanks,

Watin

6 Replies 6

dieswaytoofast
Level 1
Level 1

Good catch!

We were having the same issues, and I resolved 'em by doing  a wholesale delete on configuration options (never quiet tracked down *which* one it was). I don't know if this is the only option, but fwiw, I can replicate it now :-)

Mahesh Paolini-Subramanya | CTO | mahesh@aptela.com | 703.386.1500 Ext. 9100

2250 Corporate Park Drive | Suite 150 | Herndon, VA | www.aptela.com

Check out our Blog | Follow us on Twitter | Refer a Friend

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

Do not configure the message waiting parameter.  That parameter should only be toggled by the SIP Notify for messages.

When you configure it, it's for testing purposes where yes, will toggle the light on and no will toggle it off.

You're right. I forgot about that we should not modify that message waiting indicator paramter. It solves my problem. Thx

Actually, I found another issue when i set that Message Waiting Indicator parameter to No. Everything looks good so far when there is no voice mail. After i left a voice message to that phone, the notify msg (message summary) has toggled the light on. Once the phone downloaded the config file, it reboots again. I assume that when the Notify msg toggles the light on, it changes the Message Waiting Indicator parameter to "Yes". Then when the phone downloads the config which has "No" for this parameter, it will reboot because there is an update paramter in its config. This happens to both 7.4.6 and 7.4.7.

Also the problem also happens to these two parameters as well. (I have Call Feature Sync with Broadsoft).

No

Whenever i press DND or CFWD always key, the phone will reboot every time that it downloads its config file. To avoid this, i have to delete those two parameters in the config file. It is also true for the Message Waiting Indicator paramter too. When i delete it from the config file, it solves the problem.

Is this by design?

Watin

Yes, by design.

When you change a parameter and the unit resyncs, it sees the parameter difference and will have to reboot.

For the resync config file, only have the parameters that you need fixed in there.  Otherwise you'll have these reboots after resync due to parameter differences between the unit and config file.

Ok. It looks like that turning off resync periodic is a good way to go. Thx