Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA50x and SPA 525 MWI comes on whenever phone reboots - But no Voicemail

Hello,

I am configuring Cisco SPA family phones to work with my Broadsoft Broadworks Platform R16SP1.

I am having a wierd problem where the MWI ( Message waiting Indicator) just comes ON whenever I reboot the phone.But there are no Voicemail SIP-Notify messages coming to phone. When I try to listen to the Voicemail, there are no mesages, and I receive the SIP_NOTIFY no mail , and the MWI is cleared.

Has anyone seen this issue before. Its really driving me mad.

Regards

Robert

4 Replies 4

Patrick Born
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Robert,

Take a look at your phone's configuration file or it's web-UI.

Make sure that No is set to No. [where _1_ is the extension number]

Voice tab > Extension tab > Call Feature Settings > Message Waiting: No

Given that you're just starting with SPA phone deployment, perhaps the phone configuration is not optimal.

I encourage you to start from factory defaults and *only* add parameters that must be changed from factory default, example: user id, password, SIP proxy and so on. [SPA phones use sane defaults and *just* work, so you only need to configure a limited number of parameters.]

Make sure to read the Cisco SPA500 IP Phone Partner configuration guide from Broadsoft.

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

Thanks Patrick,

I have fixed it  just exactly by doing the same that you have advised just after raising this discussion.

I have fixed this by going against what has been advised in Partner config guide. I have disabled MWI in all the lines and that has sorted the issue.

Actual Voicemail MWi is being switched on and off by sip notify properly now.

Appreciate your reply

Regards

Robert

Robert,

I appreciate you letting the community and me know that the MWI issue is resolved.

I've  looked at the System.xml file from the 7.3.8 Broadsoft configuration  files and see that the Message_Waiting parameter is included [this is an error] in the  file. This parameter must be left at the factory-default and must not be provisioned.

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

Hi Patrick,

May I request your attention to one of my other query when you got a moment please.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2119170

Regards

Robert