cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA525 phones acting very strange - going to speakerphone

comtech123
Level 1
Level 1

My customer has a couple of SPA-525 phones that routinely will go to speakerphone when the handset is picked up (but not every time). If you push the speakerphone button to turn off the speakerphone then the call is disconnected instead of being switched to the handset. It is driving my customer nuts. They were one firmware revision behind but I just updated it this morning for them. I don't know if that will help the problem or not. Has anyone else run into this before? I have no idea where to start. It should be worth noting that both of these phones are being used wireless.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Mike,

You could try a simple factory default on the phone.  (Settings button -> Device Administration -> Factory Reset).  NOTE:  The phone will lose it's WiFi settings.  You can easily get around this by temporarily connecting it to the UC320W via Ethernet.  When it pulls down it's configuration it will contain the WiFi settings again.

If you don't see any improvements, we can do a more dramatic factory reset + rebuild phone config file.  Log into the UC320W Configuration Utility and go to Configuration -> Devices.  Delete the two phones by clicking on the X.  Apply the configuration.  Now Factory Reset the phones.  Relaunch the Configuration Utility re associate users and provision phone buttons again.  Apply.

Let us know if this helps.

Chris

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Hi Mike,

You could try a simple factory default on the phone.  (Settings button -> Device Administration -> Factory Reset).  NOTE:  The phone will lose it's WiFi settings.  You can easily get around this by temporarily connecting it to the UC320W via Ethernet.  When it pulls down it's configuration it will contain the WiFi settings again.

If you don't see any improvements, we can do a more dramatic factory reset + rebuild phone config file.  Log into the UC320W Configuration Utility and go to Configuration -> Devices.  Delete the two phones by clicking on the X.  Apply the configuration.  Now Factory Reset the phones.  Relaunch the Configuration Utility re associate users and provision phone buttons again.  Apply.

Let us know if this helps.

Chris