cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA525G Intermittently Busy

bbbowden1013
Level 1
Level 1

I have a SPA525G connected to a UC520 that will intermittently ring busy without being on the phone; It doesn't go to voice mail, just busy.  Hang up and immediately dial it again and it will go through (sometimes).  No other extensions are having this issue (that I'm aware of) but I'm at a loss for where to start troubleshooting this problem.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Look at the ephone assigned to the spa525. Notice the 1:xx where xx is the ephone-DN. Now look at the ephone dns and make sure there are not two assigned. If there are, manually delete the one not referenced by the ephone (or other ephones).

That's one thing that can cause this (dangling ephone dn )

Steve DiStefano

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

mcasimirc63
Level 4
Level 4

Can you post a config?

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Look at the ephone assigned to the spa525. Notice the 1:xx where xx is the ephone-DN. Now look at the ephone dns and make sure there are not two assigned. If there are, manually delete the one not referenced by the ephone (or other ephones).

That's one thing that can cause this (dangling ephone dn )

Steve DiStefano

Steve,

That was exactly it; a second dn with the same extension.  Deleted the duplicate and now all is well.

Thanks,

Brett Bowden

Good.

Happy we can help.

We did find a few cases where CCA 2.2.5 & 2.2.6 would do this, and corrected those in CCA 3.0 due out very soon.

P.S.  My team mate Marcus would have found it (Guaranteed) with the config (show run) as well :-)