cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA525G2 can't disable deep bass?

JOHN THIEN
Level 1
Level 1

The first phone I setup on the UC540 was an SPA508G.  I didn't like the sound, the default curve on the phone was "Deep Bass."  I changed it to (I think) HiDef and much preferred the sound quality.

Now with the SPA525G2 I've got the "Deep Bass" sound again, but I see no options for changing the sound curve in the menu on the phone.  Am I just out of luck?

2 Replies 2

JOHN THIEN
Level 1
Level 1

I found this link:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-10012

They refer to changing the deep-bass setting either by provisioning, or by the web interface, or by the built-in menu.  However, it seems like they are showing a phone running with SIP firmware.  My web interface didn't look like that.

Unfortunately I decided to come look at this on a day when the phone is home, and I'm at work.

Anyone know if I should be able to find these same settings on a phone connected to a UC-540?

Okay, I found that by going into the settings on the phone, and enabling the "web server writable," that I was then able to access the built-in web server on the phone and I DID find a field on the "User" tab for "Deep bass," and I was able to disable that feature.

Just thought I'd post-back in case anyone else reads this.