cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA525G2 latest firmware to work with UC320W (v7.5.7 ok to use?)

Ashley Griffin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I have had some minor issues with the SPA500S and the SPA525G2 when using it with the UC320W, currently all the phones (SPA525G2) i think are hardware v2 or v2.1.1 with firmware 7.5.2(u2),

I understand to get the latest firmware v7.5.7 on to the phone i would need to factory reset it, get it on the LAN and upgrade it, then plug it back on to the VLAN and get the UC320 to find the phone again.  Does the above sound correct (and the only way to do this)?

Is v7.5.7 stable on the UC320w PBX?

Many Thanks

Ashley

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, it will be downgraded. As far as I know.

If it is not possible to downgrade, then the particular phone is not suitable to be connected to UC320.

See also: Downgrade software on SPA525G2 phone

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Firmware version of the phone is driven by UC320 and is locked to the one supported by the particular firmware version of UC320.

Well, you can connect SPA525G as generic SIP client to the UC320. In such case you can use any firmware you wish, but many features of UC320 become unavailable to you (as standard SIP doesn't support them).

Does this mean even if we upgrade the phones then re-add them to the UC320 system it will "downgrade it" to what it wants?

I have seen other upgrading there phones and fixed issue they had when using it with the UC320, however this was the reason i wanted to ask.

I understand the SPA series of phoen and the UC320 is a closed system and i prefer this, just want to make sure we have the correct latest firmware on the phones.

Yes, it will be downgraded. As far as I know.

If it is not possible to downgrade, then the particular phone is not suitable to be connected to UC320.

See also: Downgrade software on SPA525G2 phone

Hi

Thanks for the clarification, i noticed with every phone i added it did a firmware "upgrade" inline to what the UC320w wanted, however this also means not all SPA525G2 will work with the PBX if its firmware is too new.

Inline with this, i think i will be looking for a new PBX for the next 2-3 years as i have a feeling getting more SPA525G2 might be an issue if they have been loaded with new firmwares.

Thats not really the solution i wanted but its better to know now before any phones are damaged in the upgrade system.

We liked the plug and play of the UC320w system, we never looked at the UC5xx series as heard of many hard times configuring the phones.

UC5xx is EOL as well.

Hi

I am aware the UC series from Cisco is EOL, however we are looking for a closed system which seems to be hard to find thats as good as the US320w.

Items like 1 button Parking Orbits that work, seem impossible to find in another system.

For documentation, we have looked at so far:

Zultys which do a hardware server (MX ME) , they also do phones and attendant consoles (there made by Aastra i think, branded Zultys), however there top line color touch screen phone (ZIP 59i), when we saw it in use for parking orbits was abysmal, 1-2 presses to park then you have to remember the parking slot number to get it back, also appeared bad use of the touch screen system, the SPA525G2 isn't touch screen but functionally with the US320w is a better system.

Avaya has an IP Office v2 hardware which you buy plug in hardware boards, however this appears to only work with the more basic Avaya phones, although there system inside the IP Office appears really advanced showing the phone image with what button does what, even has plug and play so just plugging the phone is, it works with an extension number.

However there better phone (IP9670G) does not appear to be compatible with there IP Office, we are currently still investigating this.

We like the closed systems, they work better and easier to maintain, i understand changing brand means replacing all the phones which at this point wont be a major issue.

I would prefer to stick with the phone manufacture as integration and provisioning is alot easier.  We are very happy with the UC320w, however it is EOL and we would like to get better integration and video conferencing as well so am looking at whats around.

Any input here would be good as to other IP PBX hardware.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: