cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA8800 FXO Trunk Activation Dial Plans.

cielo30us
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings. I have an SPA8800 with 4 FXO trunks, I  want to know how to activate each trunk so the call goes out respectively,  basically the first 2 trunks go to one PSTN c.o for regional calls and the other 2 trunks to a different provider for international calls, I  know the dial plan is the key here in order to activate  each trunk  properly however I haven't been able to configurethem successfully and cisco small business center says they don't support this type of configuration but I am very interested in how this would be done, basically I want to be able to dial for example  101 to activate the call to go out FXO 1...or dial 102 for the call to go out FXO 2 any insight on how the dial plans would be set up would be much appreciated, thank you for your time .

Currently under the line 1-4  I have dial plans (xx.)    would this be turned into  (101,xx.)  in order to activate FXO-1?  What about digit stripping how would this be done?

What about the dial plans on the FXS parameters? how would this affect the default dial plan

(*xx|[3469]11|0|00|[2-9]xxxxxx|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|xxxxxxxxxxxx.)

1 Reply 1

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Sir;

With the information you provide, I think what you are trying to do is not supported by the box. The way SPA8800 is designed to work is as follow:

- Each FXS port is linked uniquely to a FXO port (FXS 1 to FXO 1), and to a SIP account. So each FXS port can setup calls over its SIP account or FXO port (e.g. you cannot setup a call from FXS 1 to FXO 4).

Regards
Alberto