Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA8800 outgoing call via PSTN fails with status CONGESTION

Stefan Muscat
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Dear Friends,

I have the following test environment at hand.

PABX: SPA8800 software version  6.1.7(GW) HW version 1.3.0

AsteriskNow: Version 11.4.0

Analouge Phones with 10X extensions

VOIP SPA508G/SPA502G phones 7.5.5 with 20X range extensions

Analogue phones are connected to FXS line ports 1 and 4 of the SPA8800 with 101 and 104 extension numbers

A Pstn line from a Draytek VOIP gateway is connected to FXO port 1 on the SPA8800

An ethernet switch connected to ethernet port of SPA8800 connects the remaining SIP phones

Incoming calls from PSTN line goes to desired sip phone extension 205

Inbounds Calls from extensions X0W to Y0Z work fine.

My only problem is only when performing outgoing calls from all extension numbers to outside via PSTN when using a FXO line via a 3300 draytek device.

Dialling a 7 followed by an external number receives a congestion note on asterisk server. 

on the syslog server I get the following information attached named syslogserver. In syslog one can find a call from the FXS and from a sip phone.

I believe that there are some interoperability issues between the draytek and the FXO ports of SPA8800 and settings may need some alterations.

The service provider has provided the settings available on the draytek device's ports. attached you may find the screenshot named tones.bmp.

Asterisk gives the following ouput:

== Using SIP RTP CoS mark 5

-- Executing [7xxxxx6xx@fxsgroup:1] Dial("SIP/207-000000bd", "SIP/xxxxx6xx@pstn1,60,r") in new stack

-- Called SIP/xxxxx6xx@pstn1

-- Got SIP response 503 "Service Unavailable" back from 192.168.0.106:5261

-- SIP/pstn3-000000be is circuit-busy

== Everyone is busy/congested at this time (1:0/1/0)

-- Auto fallthrough, channel 'SIP/207-000000bd' status is 'CONGESTION'

When I connect to another line from another cisco modem call out works fine. Connecting an analouge phone directly to the draytek line calling in and out works as expected.

Does someone understand what I should look into?  I have seen a 22V line voltage on the FXO port. Lowering the threshold on the SPA8800 did not help.

I am in desperate need of suggestions.

Thanks  in advance guys!

Stefan

0 Replies 0