cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA9000 Implementation

bengreen
Level 1
Level 1

After about 6 months I have finally been able to get a working implementation here with SPA 400 / SPA9000 and 6 client phones (all SPA508G model).  I am having some lingering quality issues with the system that I would appreciate feedback on if anyone has any ideas:

1)  Ghost / Phantom call issue - Often (average 30% of incoming phone calls) after a user hangs up the phone, there will be a phone call again (just one ring) from the previous caller that was on the phone.  There is some type of residual signal in the phone system apparently.  Any thoughts on how to fix this?

2)  Shared line issue -  I have 4 shared lines that receive incoming phone calls from the 4 ports on the SPA400.  Each port routes to a different shared line.  Once a user picks up the phone call and talks on that shared line, there is an issue with ending the phone call.  Quite often the call stays active, no one else on the network is able to hang up the shared line EXCEPT for the user that had been on the call.  Often this user in unaware of the problem because the line will show free with a green light on their station.  It is only on the other 5 stations that the call still shows blinking red as if it is active.  This is even stranger because if someone calls in on that line the line still rings and it is possible to answer it.  This is more of a function issue versus quality, as the line still "works" but it is obviously very confusing to my staff who think someone is on the phone when they are not.  Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Thank you for your input in advance.  I am happy to share any information regarding my implementation as there were many settings on the SPA9000 and SPA400 which were not obvious from the manual and I had to figure out on my own.  The system was not compatible with the wizard because of the 500 series client phones.

1 Reply 1

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

I'm assuming you're running the latest release of software.

For item 2, make sure that the 'linksys key system' is yes, in SIP tab of the phone.  Also the 'key system ip address' is se to that of the spa9000.  The 'multicast address' by default should already match that of the spa9000.  Also, the att console tab, for server type, that should be set to SPA9000.