cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Time zone doesn't work on WRP400 VoIP router firmware 2.00.32

carlb1613
Level 1
Level 1

I purchased a WRP400 wi-fi router (two SIP VoIP ATA ports) and loaded the latest firmware (2.00.32). This code is bugware. Not only do the configuration screens not work properly in FIrefox (it keeps giving "your connection has been reset by the peer server") but the time zone is Pacific Daylight (GMT-8, DST+1, California) even after I set the proper values (Eastern, GMT-5, DST+1) for my region and restart the router.

I've tried switching to a different manually-specified NTP server, I've tried other time zone selections but consistently I get anything except Montréal/Toronto/New York time or the time zone I'd asked for. Even Newfoundland time gives (gag me with a spoon!) California.

Unfortunately, this is a voice-over-IP box so this wrong time information is fed to every telephone in my office as part of the Caller ID data every time a call comes in. I see no means to turn NTP off and specify a date and time manually.

Short of putting up a "fake" (three hours ahead) NTP server somewhere on the local network and forcing this box to synchronise to that, is there any way to get the WRP400 to send the correct time to the telephone handsets if I'm not in California but three time zones further east?

1 Reply 1

carlb1613
Level 1
Level 1

Setup → Basic Setup → Time Setting

http://192.168.15.1/index.asp (at the bottom of the 'Basic' tab's page)

Voice → Regional → Miscellaneous

http://192.168.15.1/admin/voice/ (at the bottom of the 'Regional' tab's page)

If I set them both to local time the system is displaying GMT (so four hours ahead, as local time is EDT).

If I leave the voice settings at Cisco's California defaults and change just the "Basic Setup - Time Setting" to any local time zone in my region the system displays California time.

So far, the only time I've seen correct and local data displayed is by setting:

Setup Basic Setup Time Setting to "GMT - Liberia - no DST"

Voice RegionalMiscellaneous to my local time zone (GMT-5 - Eastern - Toronto/Montréal)

Setting both configuration values (router basic setup and voice regional) to a valid, local time zone outside California  seems to be applying two offsets to the call display timestamp in some invalid manner. This is a bug.

Time to pack up this equipment and ship it to Liberia?