cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC320 and QoS

canadianicon25
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to pair a UC320 with a catalyst 2950 switch and need some advice on QoS. I would like to use auto qos on the swich but I am wondering if it will play nice with the QoS the 320 is using.  I noticed that the bandwidth on the 320 wan link is selectable implying that QoS is being generated by the 320. 

Has anyone here tried to pair similar devices together. Any suggestions would be great.  thanks

5 Replies 5

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi There,

It would be my recommendation that you set it to "Auto" QoS unless you have specific requirements, it should all play fairly nice

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

with regards to auto qos there are two options: auto qos voip cisco-phone and auto qos trust.  which one would be preferred?

Hi There,

I would suggest "auto qos voip cisco-phone" that would be my preferred option.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi,

Where are you planning to put the Cat switch?  LAN side or WAN side of UC320W?

Phones and SPA8800 will mark both DiffServ and COS for their Voice and SIP traffic.  The UC320W can then be configured, as you point out, with the uplink speed so that the UC320W can give Voice and SIP traffic higher priority on the WAN when outbound congestion occurs.

Hope this helps.

Chris

i am planning on putting the catalyst switch on the lan side.