Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC320 and SIP provider (Asterisk) . Dialplan 9 digits

Hi

We plan to use UC 320 in combination with Asterisk .

We need to get dialing code to be less than 9 digits to dialout, we could chose a prefix as 0, thats no problem, but if we chose Spain as default region, it does not allow to dialout less than 9 digits, that they are maximum and normal number lenght dialplan.

Particulary, we need to dial 0+ 4 digits extension for example.

So , could we change that via PMF? would it be supported in new release?

Best Regards

3 Replies 3

Brandon Turpin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Alberto,

I have a few questions for you regarding this:

1.  What is the purpose of the 4 digit numbers?

2.  Is that something your provider allows or is that for your own setup?

3.  How common is this and will the numbers always be the same?

4.  Is/Are there any specific pattern(s) that the 4 digit numbers will use or will they be totally random?

I apologize for all the questions, but I'm trying to understand the requirement, which will also help determine how this can be supported.

Thanks,

Brandon

Hi Brandon

I answer:

1.  What is the purpose of the 4 digit numbers?

Its a case, it would be good to be able to select minimum or maximum digits lenght. If you have a SIP connection with a provider for example that allows you to call inteligence numbers, here in spain we have 4 digits number that begins with 1. 1004, 1002, etc.. it depends on Telco

But if you connect to another SIP Server, you could be able to dial 0+ 4 digits or whatever, not a fixed 9 digits as now

2.  Is that something your provider allows or is that for your own setup?

Its for my own setup, but for example we have dialplan with 4 digits number with TELEFONICA MOVISTAR. That will not work now

3.  How common is this and will the numbers always be the same?

In this particulary case, its for a OWN SETUP using UC 320 in foreign office connected with a SIP CENTRAL . So any foreign office has its own dialplan 1000, 2000, 3000 for example.

I could collect SPAIN MOVISTAR 4 digits number also and let you back

4.  Is/Are there any specific pattern(s) that the 4 digit numbers will use or will they be totally random?

there are two groups

1XXX

118XX

that i think are not contemplated right now in Spain dialplan?

You could check this link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telephone_numbers_in_Spain

We are also opening 7XX XXX XXX for mobile numbers

Also there are 3 digits numbers as 069 to check voicemail,

What is the Spain dialplan covered right now?

What i could be great is to personalize that easily , i see now is fixed in every firmware release

Hope this helps

BR
ALberto

Hi Alberto,

Go ahead and open a case with SBSC so we can investigate this and see how we can address this.

Thanks,

Brandon