cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC320 Issue with Paging

ben
Level 1
Level 1

I configured my first UC320 system and after a few minor hurdles I seem to have everything up and running for the most part.  My largest issue right now is with Paging Groups.  The office is large and they have SPA504g phones distributed throughout.  The client's preferred method of 'transferring' is to park the call and page the person, stating the parking slot.  I configured a page group containing all the phones and this method works well.  It seems that when someone is already on a call and the paging group is invoked it places their current call on hold.  I would expect that if the person was already on the phone the paging group would just ignore them, not interrupt their current call.  Overhead paging isn't an option for me and I can't really remove anyone from the paging groups because the phones are too spread out.  Any ideas?

5 Replies 5

Hi Ben,

The current implementation works as designed.  This implementation is more of an urgent/emergency page and guarantees that all members of the page group will hear the audio from the page.  Unfortunately, this is disruptive and puts calls on hold when you wouldn't normally want that.  That said there is a summer firmware release in the works that where we plan to offer a non-disruptive paging group option.  Stay tuned for release candidate announcement in the coming weeks.

Chris

Is this still the case or is there another option?  I have a customer complaining about the same exact issue.

Hi There,

Looks like it was added as a feature in 2.1.1..Check out the paging section here.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unified_communications/csbuc300/release_notes/UC320W_RN_v2-1-1.pdf

Hope it helps.

Matt

So when I attempt to switch the paging group to Gentle Paging, it gives me an error message that states:

External paging is not allowed with gentle page.

Obviously I need a page with internal and external paging that will not put peoples call's on hold.

Hi,

Gentle page to both phones and External is one of the enhancements found in the 2.2 release due out before the end of February.

Chris