Views
Helpful
Replies

UC320 with SPA303 and Wirless Bridge

adamleahy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Fairly new to this and need your assistance.

I'm in the process of getting a UC320W setup with a number of SPA303 and 504's

They all seem to be working, except for two stations. These are on a wireless bridge (Netgear WGE101).

The PC (connected to the PC port on the phone) still functions fine and gets DHCP information.

It seems that the phone is not getting DHCP information from the voice VLAN at all, any configuration information, etc.

Is there a way i can force the config on the SPA303 or simply put "point it the right direction" instead of the regular auto setup...

My network currently looks much like this (if it helps).

Wireless Router ------ Netgear WGE101 ------ SPA303 / PC

|

|

|

UC320 ------ DCHP SERVER ---- WIRED LAN

|

|

|

PC's ---- PRINTERS ----- SPA Phones

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Cheers

Adam

2 Replies 2

rbordner
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Adam,

I would recommend connecting the SPA303 wireless with a WBPN wireless adapter.

The WBPN has been tested with the UC320W and is designed for wireless access for SPA phones.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-22873

If you need additional wireless coverage beyond the  wireless adapter of the UC320W then please look at the Cisco WAP121 or WAP321  access points.    The important item here is the WAP121/321 will support VLAN tagging on the ethernet side and will allow the SPA303 phones with WBPN to join the tagged Voice Vlan wirelessly.

One additional comment I would not recommend you have a PC connected behind a SPA phone when connected wirelessly for Voice Quality reasons.  SPA525G2 automatically disables the PC port when operating wireless.

Regards,

Randy

Thanks very much, i've now invested in 2 of them.. (wanted to try and avoid it...) thanks for the quick reply!