cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC320W bad fxo port?

chewyboy2
Level 1
Level 1

Please excuse the long description but hopefully it will help out.  Anyway I installed a uc320w along with 5 spa504g's in a business.  they have 2 incoming lines using fxo ports 1 and 2.  I did the firmware update first 2.3.2 however with that update we kept getting decline error on the phones for a lot of incoming calls.  I installed the PMF firle for this particular problem along with contacting the phone company to see if they could check the amperage on the line.  they claimed to have looked at the lines and adjusted them accordingly.  Still the problems persisted.  At this point i kept reading the forums and it was suggested to downgrade the firmware to 2.2.2 did a full reset on the system and set it back up.  For a day it worked perfectly, then when anyone called in whenever anyone picked up one of the spa504's it would keep ringing and would not actually pick up the line.  when i looked at the external trunk interface it showed the line active, however again it would not answer the phone.  When you had any of the 504's picked up all other lines would stop ringing but the call would never get connected.  You would hang back up and it would continue ringing.  So I spent a long time to figure out what was going on and then on a whim i tried moving fxo ports, and that resolved the problem.

So now my question, could the phone company have overpowered the fxo ports and blown one of them or what can i do to diagnose what the actual problem here?

Thanks

0 Replies 0