Views
Helpful
Replies

UC320W Dialing Plan for United Arab Emirates

D1gbyMark
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am a new user of the UC320W and reside in the UAE. Is there a dialing plan for the UAE? If not, what dialing plan would you recommend?

Many thanks

Mark

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

8 Replies 8

Hi Mark,

The United Arab Emirates region is not a supported region for the UC320W.  Suggest you return your UC320W to your distributor for a refund.

Chris

Chris,

Many thanks for the quick response - unfortunately returning the UC320W is not a realistic option. However, I am using it in a home environment so I don't need all of the functionality that a small business would need. Is there any way of avoiding setting up the dialing restrictions during the configuration or is there a plan to allow customizable dialing restrictions in a future firmware release. I am currently experimenting with region profiles to see which one gives me the dialing functionality I need.

Any suggestions?

Regards

Mark

Mark,

The easiest thing to do is to configure all of your users with FULL priveledges, then dialing restrictions won't come into play.  The UC320W was designed to keep things very simple and so all of the dial plans are maintained internally.  There are no plans to allow for customized dial plans.

Chris

Chris,

Many thanks - I will give that a try and I will let you know how it goes.

Regards

Mark

Chris,

I tried your suggestion and while using the New Zealand region settings I moved all of the dialing restrictions to the "full privileges" section and made sure that each extension's privileges were set to "full" and uploaded the configuration.

The number I need to dial in the UAE is 8000 175 992 but the UC320W cuts off the last three digits and dials 8000 175 which apparently is also a real toll free number in the UAE. I guess that the UC320W thinks that I am dialing a local number in the format of xxxxxx. Is there a way to add three more x's to this restriction?

Regards

Mark

Chris,

I successfully uploaded the 2.3.2 firmware and confirmed each handset has full privileges but it didn't work. Using the NZOWAH dial plan I still lose the last three digits when I try to dial the UAE toll free number.

Regards

Mark

Mark,

Each supported region has country specific dial plans, tones, cadences, caller id protocols, line settings etc.  Trying to use a different country's settings in your region can be like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.  Unfortunately, the UAE is not a supported region for the UC320W.

Chris

Chris,

Many thanks for all of your help - using the NZ configuration gives me about 90% of what I need so I will continue to use it. From what I have experienced the UC320W is a great product and very easy to set up with a nicely intuitive interface. It is a pity that the region dialing restrictions aren't user adaptable but given the complexity of differing tones, cadences etc. I can understand why not.

Hopefully Cisco will revisit the decision not to develop more region dialing plans for the UC320W in the future.

Regards

Mark