Views
Helpful
Replies

UC500 BRI/GSM Gateway Solution

SteveOrfanos
Level 5
Level 5

Hi All

I am looking at providing a solution for a customer who has 3 ISDN BRI's (6 voice channels) on his existing PABX and a GSM Gateway for outgoing calls.The problem is I can't build a solution for him on the UC500 platform that can support his ISDN requirements plus an FXO port to accommodate his PSTN/GSM Gateway.

Am I missing something? Can the UC560 with 4 FXS/FXO ports support 2 x BRI VICS in the expansion slots.

Appreciate your help.

Steve

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Sir;

You can use a UC560-BRI-K9 and add one additional BRI card plus one additional FXO card, or the combination you mentioned below. This would make the deal.

Regards
Alberto

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Sir;

You can use a UC560-BRI-K9 and add one additional BRI card plus one additional FXO card, or the combination you mentioned below. This would make the deal.

Regards
Alberto

Thanks Alberto,

Are there any limitations with the expansion slots when designing a solution with a UC560. Can you use any combination of VIC's (T1/E1, BRI, FXO, FXS). If the customer decided to increase his ISDN BRI to 6 (12 voice channels) and remove the GSM gateway can we use the UC560-BRI-K9 with 2 additional BRI VIC's.

Steve