cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC540 and 509G Speed Problem

chris.wilson
Level 1
Level 1

I am creating speed dials for night service...that is I went under extension 200 on my UC540 and created a speed dial with *888 and labeled Night Service. My understanding is this shoudl appear as the next available button on the 509.  It doesn't.  I also have 79xx's on the system and it appears to work.  Any thoughts or ideas appreciated.

2 Replies 2

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Chris,

I have hit this problem twice now on the 509G phones, I notice that it seems to favor the 4 paper based buttons even when there are vacant LED ones, I don't know if this is a coincidence, but two times in a row generally isn't.

Maybe the Cisco team can confirm this finding... Although it doesnt bother me a great deal, just found it off it did it this way.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Was there ever a solution to this?

We have just installed a new UC540 with Latest Software pack etc and we are seeing the same issues with the SPA509G handsets.

We use the 4 bottom (Paper) buttons as monitor lines, but we would like to program additional normal speed dials on a few of the side buttons.

We have programmed them in and they appearing on CCA but dont show on the phones themselves.

Best Regards

Robert