Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC540 Codec? Works one day, next not!

Issue:

Internal calls to an extension if not answered go to VM fine.

External calls after the same number of rings get "dead air".

Upon several debugs the SMB support engineer found that the dial-peer was referencing “voice-class codec 1”,

except there was no codec preference set.

We had to add the lines:

voice class codec 1

codec preference 1 g711ulaw

codec preference 2 g729r8

After this was added the external calls reached the voicemail.

Note: there is no way to check or make these adjustments via CCA.

Maybe in future releases it can be added.

Thank you, Paul

7 Replies 7

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the heads up

What I don't get with this one is that CCA by default adds this in, so either they have stopped doing that now or somehow CCA failed to insert this bit of code into the configuration.

I must remember to keep an eye out for this stuff, may even need to do a once over on every system and see if there are any stand out issues prior to deployment of the system.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hmmm.  I beg to differ.

I just went to the 8.1.0 SWP and checked the default configuration file.

The good news is its there:

!
voice class codec 1
codec preference 1 g711ulaw
codec preference 2 g729r8
!

Not sure how it got removed???

Hi Steve,

Hmmm.  I beg to differ.
!
Not sure how it got removed???

I did point out that I believed that it added this as default, and I only mention that it might be removed because I still need to see what the latest version of CCA does to the system.

And I also point out that CCA in the past has been known to just remove Code for no apparent reason when applying an update to another piece of Code, but this was in earlier versions like (2) or (2.1) so any speculations on that now is just that "speculation" by me as I can neither confirm it or have tested if this is still the case.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

My response was to Paul :-)

If we retrace the steps and find something (culprit), you know we will look at it, not problem.

OK..... My bad

So I will shut up now I have filled my quota of support for the day anyway's so will get back to doing some work... or maybe not

Cheers,

David....

Daid/Steven, thank you for looking into this.

I do not know if or why the code disappeared.  It is just the  reason the engineer said we were unable to get an external call to hit the voicemail.

I would assume the CCA does set this code and again do not know if or what change was made that effected it.

I just thought I would bring it to the communities attention in case it becomes common place.

Paul

Hi Paul,

I do not know if or why the code disappeared.

I do... Its those damn Cisco Green Gremlins - they were fed and they are spreading now

Cheers,

David.