Views
Helpful
Replies

UC540 Flash Usage 100%

graeme
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There,

We hvae a UC540 with 6 users thats Flash is showing 100% Usage on the dsahboard.

Will this cause probelms and how do we fix it?

Thanks

Graeme

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Graeme,

It looks like someone ran a PCM capture for troubleshooting.  What is the date of the file?  As long as you know that is no longer needed, you can go ahead and delete it.

Thanks,

Brandon

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Graeme,

A couple of questions

1. Have you checked it via CLI by doing the "dir" command? This will show you what is on the card if you know how to navigate your way around, CCA can do this as well but I find it quicker on the CLI myself.
  2. If you used CCA to build the system, did you tell CCA to only install the Phone Loads of the phones that are actually going to be installed on the system? Installed phone loads that are not going to get used is old practices and there is no need anymore to do so.

Ok OK more then a couple of questions then
  3. Do you have call accounting turned on? This is the CDR records, and if you do make sure they are not being deposited to the flash card, there is a Bug in the way CCA creates the FTP settings and you can only fix it via CLI, so the system defaults back to Flash deposits even when you say do not do it
  4. What size flash card was shipped with the UC? I know the early day UC-520's come out with 128MB ones which was no where near enough for today's systems, but the 540's come out with 256MB and if you are filling that up, I would have to really questions with what

I would say use CCA to do some house cleaning on the flash card, remove phone loads (Firmware) that is not going to be used, only have on there ones that will be getting used. You can clean this out with CCA pretty easily and you should make sure you do some house cleaning to it anyway

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi There,

It is a 256MB Flash Card, with only the 50x-30x phone loads on it.

The biggest file on the flash card is pcm.dat in the root and its 197,675KB.

This is the problem

What is this file and is it ok to delete it.

Thanks

GRaeme

Hi Graeme,

It looks like someone ran a PCM capture for troubleshooting.  What is the date of the file?  As long as you know that is no longer needed, you can go ahead and delete it.

Thanks,

Brandon

HiThere,

thanks I deleted it and turned off the capture now have 75% plus free space, and the system is working better

Thanks again

Graeme