cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC540 not sending calls to voicemail on Floating Extensions.

m.bunt007
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

Here is another issue that I am having. I have correctly setup the Floating Extensions and have given each floating extensions a voicemail box on the system. Whether you are internal or not, if you call into the AA or just dial the extension of the person. The calls are successfully transfered to the appropriate person's cell phone. However, if that person does not answer the phone, the system is not bringing the call back to the voicemail on the UC540. The users voicemail box is active, because if I dial, say x6201. The call goes directly to the users voicemail box on the UC540.

I am thinking one of two things is happening.

1. The users voicemail on their cell phone is transferring to voicemail before the UC540 takes the call back.
    1. In this case, how do I shorten the length of time, before the UC540 brings back the call.
  2. The UC is not continuing to monitor the call and is just forwarding the call.
    1. In this case, how do I make the UC540 continue to monitor the call.

Thoughts?

Mike

1 Reply 1

craig.corbett
Level 2
Level 2

Sound like 2 if you are simply doing a call forward on the floating extension and if so this would be the normal operation.

If the above is true sounds like you’ll want to use the single number reach feature, but I believe you will need to assign the extension to a registered phone.

HTH

Craig.