Views
Helpful
Replies

UC560 and Remote office

tommymc03
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am looking for some advice on a setup for a new client. Here is the scenario...

They have a HQ and 1 remote office. There is a point-to-point VPN setup between an ASA 5505 at both locations.

HQ has a T1 for data and PRI for voice. About 35 users.

The remote office has a partial T1 for both data and voice.About 6 users.

I would like to install a UC560 at HQ. Is there a way to setup 3 digit dial betweenoffices as well as host VM for all users in the UC560 at HQ. We also need tohave all local calls from the remote office go out there current T1 line. I donot want all calls routed through the VPN.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Tom

4 Replies 4

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Tom,

The short Answer is yes

At the remote site you can put in a little small 8 port PoE ESW switch and 3 phones, you will need to manually program the remote phones TFTP server IP address directly on the phone as well so it knows how to talk to the UC.

You may also need to make sure that there is a route to the UC with the VPN tunnel.

However what you want is very much doable and is done on a regular basis, you can give them the same functions as if they were actually in the office, even provide them with a DID from the PRI service to those phones as well

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi David,

Thank you very much for your response.

Is it possible to have the remote office user dial out through their PRI for external calls. I do not want all calls from the remote office to have to come down the VPN.

Thank you again for your help.

Tom

Hi Tom,

Does the remote site have a Cisco Phone system there or is it another phone system?

Working of the assumption you have an existing Cisco UC there, then you would do a site-2-site config on the UC and then control the calling patterns via the Dial-Plan, but this is working of assumptions so I'll wait for your response to give me an idea of the remote sites landscape.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Just a note here, you can't split the T1 for Voice and Data on the UC system, so if this is the link you are using for VPN it

won't work.