Views
Helpful
Replies

UC560 and SPA525g2 Max Calls

dkirk
Level 1
Level 1

Hey everyone,

Is there any way to increase the amount of max calls you can get on a SPA525G2.  I know when you have a normal key you get a max of two calls. Is there any way to increase this.  I also know that the SPA series does not support octal lines.  Can this be done with an Overlay Key.  Thanks for any help on this.

5 Replies 5

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Derek,

You cannot increase the number of calls allowed on each DN, but there are ways to roll the call to another DN which would ring the same phone.  You can do this by forwarding the "call-forward busy" to the next button/extension which would be assigned a different extension number.  (If using CCA)  Though CLI, you could create multiple DN's with the same extension, and different preferences.  Then you would also add a "no huntstop" to the DN so that the call would search for other DN's.  If you are using CLI, I can give you an example.

Thank you,

Darren

Darren,

Thanks for the quick response. I am using CCA and an example would be great if you time. Here is a quick overview of inbound calls.

Main Number right now rings a blast group then overflows to the auto attendant after 23 seconds. 

Derek,

Below are screen shots of the CCA config to increase the number of calls the phone can accept for one given number/extension...

Set the Call-Forward Busy to the next extension, Set the Call-Forward No Answer to the main voicemail box.. (6xxx,  Where xxx is the main extension number.)

Thank you,

Darren

I am also facing the same issue on a receptionist's phone with 5 incoming PSTN FXO lines. I'm using CLI,  could you please provide an example? Thanks for the help, Mark

Hi Derek,

Main Number right now rings a blast group then overflows to the auto attendant after 23 seconds.  

Therein lays your problem

You can workaround the restriction using the method as shown by Darren, but this works not so good when the blast group is the aggregation point for the calls, typically you use the above scenario when the calls come direct to the phone I.E receptionist phone...

Alternatively, you can create a second blast group, and then assign those other buttons/extension into that blast group, but that is not a full emulation of what you want, and you will be blowing out the call timers to a pretty high timer before it hit the AA.

Ingress call-flow topologies really need to have some time spent on them, problem is not everyone knows all the way ingress calls can be handled on a UC so it becomes a very tricky situation to change after the fact.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *