cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC560 Licensing after "end of life"

Mike Glencross
Level 1
Level 1

We have a UC560 that has been in production for about 5 years (25-30 phones). Several months ago (July 2016) we purchased a second UC560 on ebay with the idea of having it as a backup in case the existing server has a hardware failure. I upgraded the ios and successfully restored the configuration on the backup server so it is ready to replace the active server when/if needed. All is well, except for licensing. What happens with the licensing process now that the UC560 is past "end of life"? Will I be able to transfer license to the backup server if needed? And if the active server has a hardware failure, and i'm unable to use the License Management Actions feature to deactivate the license and make them available to activate on the backup server... will Cisco Support be able to help me activate the licenses on the backup server? Thank you.

5 Replies 5

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

CSC is volunteer-based support project. Your question is out of topic that volunteers can answer. You should ask official Cisco support for something like it.

Thanks Dan, I did send an email too. Was hoping maybe someone has run into this.

sudhagup
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Mike,

Please refer to below link for the procedure of transfering a license to or from UC540 or UC560 devices::

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/12990471/transfer-license-or-uc540-uc560-devices

I'm unsure it will help - the "source " device have hardware failure, thus it will not be possible to initiate license transfer from it.

jkrivak01
Level 1
Level 1

Did Cisco support reply with an option or has anyone else been able to successfully transfer their license since the device went EOL?