cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to connect to the SPA112 configuration page

chrispapx
Level 1
Level 1

I have purchased a SPA112 ATA, connected it, obtained through the IVR the address, and when I try to connect to the configuration page using the default password admin, I notice about ten more dots added automatically to the password field, and the page stays blank.

Note that my router page sees SPA112 wt the adresss that I am trying to connect to, and DHCP is set to auto.

Also the power and internet lights are steady green and the phone light is off when the phone is on the hook and flashing green at medium speed when it is off.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

4 Replies 4

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There are multiple issues related to the SPA112 firmware version and the browser you are using to access it. Firmware versions prior to 1.2.1(004) require Internet Explorer, for firmware 1.0.2 even Internet Explorer doesn't work. Read this for more.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I tried it to no avail. Please note that I have tried connecting with chrome, firefox and IE, so I don't think that the problem is browser related

We know no firmware version. We don't know the unit in question is RC or retail flavor of SPA112. Empty page displayed doesn't mean empty page at HTML level ...

Be sure I'm willing to help, but I have no enough information to guess cause. No way to provide valuable advice.

Generally - it's either browser issue (you rejected such hypothesis), or SPA112 is broken or it's RC unit with locked access.

Did you "reset to factory default" on unit you bough ? If no, do it now and try again.

Thanks for the suggestions. It turned out it needed a firmware update.