Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to Log Into UC320 with older firmware installed

aaronletheren
Level 1
Level 1

Good Morning,

It appears that UC320's are being shipped with older firmware applied on them, and as a result we are having difficulty logging into them using the latest versions of IE;Firefox and Google Chrome. Although I havent tried Safari I imagine it will be the same.

The only way we can gain access is by using an older version of IE which generally means sourcing a Windows XP PC which is becoming increasingly difficult to do.

Once we have logged in with the elusive XP machine and updated the firmware there is not a problem.

My dilema is this - How do we gain access to these UC320's with the old firmware in the absence of an older version of a browser?

2 Replies 2

rbordner
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Aaron,

The original shipping firmware did have a compatability issue with Flash version 11.

The firmware loaded during manufacturing has since been updated to resolve this issue in the future.

Here is a work around to the flash compatability issue.

NOTE:

If you are having problems logging in or upgrading from firmware versions below 2.1.2, you may be experiencing the

Adobe Flash Player version 11 incompatibility with pre-2.1.2 firmware

issue.  Click the link for workaround.

For additional information on UC320W firmware releases please select this link:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-22559

Regards,

Randy

wramos
Level 1
Level 1

I ran into same issue, and Randall is correct. Make sure you get a lower version of flash. you can get it at www.filehippo.com they have multiple versions of flash there. The UC tends to have issue's with IE as well. I would use firefox for uc. So far I have flashed about 4 of them to the current version, and nary a problem save the slow internet at a couple of sites.

Good luck!

William Ramos