Views
Helpful
Replies

Updgrade firmware for SPA525G2 from UC560

PeterArnett1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have an issue where ten SPA525G2 phones are displaying a date ahead. when putting the IP addresses into the browser of the phones and going to the management page, the time is correct and on the UC560 that is managing the devices the clock and date are correct. 

I believe this is a bug and can be resolved by upgrading the firmware, however in the management page of the phones the update firmware button is greyed out. I believe this to be because it is controlled by the UC560.

So my problem is that I am unsure and not confident enough to be google searching commands to be able to flash the phones from the UC560 CLI.

I have the update .bin file for the phones and believe that I have to tftp the file to the UC560 and then flash the phones from there.

If anybody can help me resolve this issue I would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks in advanced.

Peter

5 Replies 5

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you sure you have the correct timezone configured?

Hello Philip,

Thanks for your message.T

The date and time is correct on the show clock cmd in the UC560. Is checking the time zone different to that or do you mean the time zone in the phone settings or management page within a web browser.

Thanks

8.6(2) seems to be the last "pack" of files for the UC560.  Do you know if this has been applied to your system?

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=282877316&softwareid=282762907&release=8.6(2)&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Hello, That's different to the update firmware file I downloaded for the phone. What does that update do?

Thanks

It is a combined pack of files for the phone system that have been tested together.  It includes UC560 firmware, phone firmware, voice mail firmware, etc.

You tend to have less issues if you use the "packs" that have been tested together.