cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using UC320W behind Netgear 4-port Wireless Gateway

Steve Akinsola
Level 1
Level 1

Need some help with a configuration involving a UC320W.

UC320W is behind a Netgear wireless gateway. We are using the Netgear device as a DSL device to access

the internet, the UC320W is being used as a Voice Gateway inside the building with two extensions.

Connected to the UC320W also are 4-AP321 Cisco access points, on one of these are 4-wireless IP Cameras.

I am using Blue-Iris software to manage the cameras and will like to access the local website hosted by the computer

running the Blue-Iris remotely.

Bothe UC320W and the DSL Gateway are on the same subnet, and both of them can port-forward.

How can I do this? Any idea that will work is appreciated.

Thank you.

1 Reply 1

Steve Akinsola
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All Problem resolved. The UC320W has 3 topology options. I chose the option that allows the DSL Router to be the main DHCP Hub. I connected the WAN Port of the router to one of the LAN Ports of UC320W.  This frees the UC320W from routing Internet traffic and just focus on voice processing and routing.  Now I turned to the DSL router and configure it to port forward as I wanted by 1) Port forwarding and 2) Port triggering the specific port I wanted. This solution worked.  I also realized that I could have bypassed the router and have option 2 on the UC320W to configure my DSL properties using PPOE. That could have worked too. But right now the DSL router is the one doing all the Internet heavy lifting.  So,  all is set and we can see what the cameras are seeing remotely.  Thank you all.